Every morning on my commute to work, I listen to the Bobby Bones Show on 94.9 TNT. At about 7:00 am EST they have a “Oh Happy Day” segment where each of them, along with a few callers, list what makes today a good day for them. Because this segment makes the start to every day so good for me, I was hoping to pass it along. What better way to start your day than with the mindset that “every day is a good day”?
“There’s no such thing as a bad day, just moments we choose to take with us all day.” -Unknown
Even on a bad day, there should be at least one thing you can say and focus on to make the day better. It can be something as small as getting to work without hitting a red light, or something as big as a birthday or a promotion. Here is a list of 10 small reasons why today is a good day.
- I woke up in a bed with a roof over my head and the love of my life laying next to me.
- My family and everyone important to me, woke up this morning.
- I and everyone I love made it to work or school safely.
- I have a job that provides me with enough money to cover my bills.
- I have a running vehicle to get me from point a to point b.
- I live in a world that gives everyone the opportunity to further their education.
- It’s Thursday which is one day closer to the weekend.
- My last class of the week is today.
- Jax, my dog, didn’t leave me any messes or surprises to clean up this morning.
- It’s PAY DAY!
It doesn’t have to be something big but I hope today you have something to keep in the back of your head so that, no matter what is thrown at you, you can remember that today is a happy day.
Comment with your “Oh Happy Day!”